Monday, January 30, 2012

Wall Decor'

Let me start the new year with a small and simple post on wall decoration.
These flowers have been made using the toilet paper roll cardboards and the dragon fly is made from the thick silk thread.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kurta and Dupatta

Here is my embroidery work on a Kurta and a matching Dupatta.
The stitches done on kurta are -buttonhole stitch,stem stitch and satin or long and short stitch(I am not sure of the name)
For the dupatta I have used shadow work or the herringbone stitch on the back side.

Full view of the kurta(embroidery work at bottom)

Closer view of the embroidery on the kurta.
Now the dupatta.Work has been done allover this 2 and a 1/2 mt clothe. View from right side.
Posted by Picasa
Closer view of the front side. Dupatta as it looks from the back(or wrong) side.Closer view of the stitch from back.

Monday, July 11, 2011

T-Shirt to toddler's pants with pockets

I have seen many tutorials on t-shirt to baby pants on others' blogs.Still I wanted to post one as this is my creation.All the patterns which I saw were without pockets but my daughter looks for pockets in all her dress.So I have put pockets as well.

I started by cutting the t-shirt for both the legs part.

The side stitched part of the t-shirt will be the side part of the pant and I wont have to sew it again.The curved cut has to be joined and it becomes the center stitched portion.

The triangle piece of cloth left after cutting the legs part was used to make the back pocket.I turned it up side down,i.e,the hem portion up and cut the piece in the size I wanted for the pocket.Tucked the side inwards and stitched over it.

For the front pockets,I cut the piece from one of the sleeves.I cut it slightly curved at the top.Then separated the two parts but cutting the small part which was still joined at the top and the stitched side was also cut.So I got two pieces as you can see in the pic.

Here again I used the folded or already hem part of the piece to be place at the opening of the pocket.I stitched the pocket very close to the side stitch of the pant.
Then I cut a strip of cloth for the elastic portion and stitched it with the pant,Put the elastic inside it and stitched over it again.

Front view of the complete pant.

View of the pant from back.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My first sewing project

Dear friends,I have been doing some stitching work just to mend my clothes.Or put a stitch to make the fitting perfect.
This time I made a frock for my daughter using the leftover scraps from other dresses.The frock was designed considering the length and breath of the cloth I had.I combined clothes of two colours and used a satin ribbon for the belt.

As you can see in the picture,I didn't had the white cloth enough for the bodice so I had to add a strip of pink cloth on both sides,at front.

Likewise you can see at the back I had to put white cloth at the shoulder back because the pink cloth was not long enough to bring till the back.

However I was happy to see the finished product.It turned out better than what I had imagined.
Thank you friends!

Friday, June 10, 2011

DIY-Jigsaw Puzzle

My 2year old daughter is crazy about Dora.She wants everything of Dora- be it towel,toothpaste,sunglasses,bed sheets or her toys.Last month we got 2 30 pieces jigsaw puzzle for her.

These kept her busy the whole day.But it's been a month and these don't keep her busy for such long hour now.
So I got an idea.The box in which these were packed(it's no more usable as she tore it into few pieces)can be made into one puzzle.
I did exactly that.Took one small intact piece and cut it with my ordinary sewing scissor.

This is a small 8 piece puzzle.So this didn't keep her engaged for that long but atleast for half an hour she did come after me.
Nice way to keep todlers busy !

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Embroidered Kurta

I got this kurta stitched a few years back.It looked very dull as it didn't have any print.So I decided to make it a little attractive and this was the final look.

I put a border of sequins at the neck and made a half flower at the center.

Same way at the bottom also I used the sequins, silver colour zari thread and silk thread to make flowers.

A closer view of the embroidery.

After doing all these I saw that the body was still very plain so I sew some sequins,scattered on the body.

The silver zari border around the flower and the small branches have been made by aari work.The flowers are filled by making many bullion stitches.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Satin flower

This flower was made by me using the following things.

a satin ribbon (seal both ends by putting it above the candle flame)

a needle

matching thread

matching or contrast kundan stone or beads(for the centre of the flower)

Here is the instruction on how this flower was made.

Start making the flower by making a bow shape with the ribbon.This photo shows the back side of the flower.

Completed flower front view.

Now take a needle and thread and put a stitch to hold in place the bows forming the flower.

Stitch a bead or stone in the center.
I have used a stone to put in the center of the flower.It has two holes as in buttons,so I could easily stitch it.In the whole process instead of stitching,it can be sticked using a hot glue gun.

Use of flower
I used this flower to make a label to be put on top of a gift.

I simply took one old card.Cut a square from the area where there were no prints and sticked the flower in one corner.You can write your name and stick this label on your gift.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...