Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My first sewing project

Dear friends,I have been doing some stitching work just to mend my clothes.Or put a stitch to make the fitting perfect.
This time I made a frock for my daughter using the leftover scraps from other dresses.The frock was designed considering the length and breath of the cloth I had.I combined clothes of two colours and used a satin ribbon for the belt.

As you can see in the picture,I didn't had the white cloth enough for the bodice so I had to add a strip of pink cloth on both sides,at front.

Likewise you can see at the back I had to put white cloth at the shoulder back because the pink cloth was not long enough to bring till the back.

However I was happy to see the finished product.It turned out better than what I had imagined.
Thank you friends!

Friday, June 10, 2011

DIY-Jigsaw Puzzle

My 2year old daughter is crazy about Dora.She wants everything of Dora- be it towel,toothpaste,sunglasses,bed sheets or her toys.Last month we got 2 30 pieces jigsaw puzzle for her.

These kept her busy the whole day.But it's been a month and these don't keep her busy for such long hour now.
So I got an idea.The box in which these were packed(it's no more usable as she tore it into few pieces)can be made into one puzzle.
I did exactly that.Took one small intact piece and cut it with my ordinary sewing scissor.

This is a small 8 piece puzzle.So this didn't keep her engaged for that long but atleast for half an hour she did come after me.
Nice way to keep todlers busy !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...